Thursday, June 27, 2013

ENG 317 Spring 2013


ENG317 - Practical English Conversation
BUFS - Spring 2013
Instructor: Jeff Lebow

This is the class blog for Lebow's ENG317 Course.  I will use this site to post materials related to our discussions and sometimes ask you to post written opinions about the topics we cover
___________________________________________________________
Class Info Page: JeffLebow.net/eng317
Entrance Questionnaire here
Group Notes:  ENG317-2   ENG317-3
Pronunciation:   Minimal Pairs & Recordings   Practice Resources
Phrasal Verbs:  Lists & Activities
Reading Notes: Eng317-2   Eng317-3
Food Handouts: Korean  Chinese   Japanese  Russian
Stress Readings

All Discussion Questions:  1st half of the semester

___________________________________________________________
Final Preparations Update


To those who already done their Final Show segment, congratulations! I appreciate your courage and thought the shows went really well. 
I've gotten several comments from around the world like this one from Maria in Argentina: 
"Your students are very brave to let you do this! By taking the challenge they have made a huge step to practising for the "unexpectedness" of communication. Thank you for giving me a free trip to your beautiful country!"
Updated times for Hangout Practice and Office Hours. 
  • If you've already done a practice Hangout or plan to participate from Jeff's office, you don't need to practice. If you plan to participate in an On Air Show from home or school, I strongly suggest doing a practice hangout first. I will start an off-air practice hangout at 8pm on Sunday.If you're not available then, contact me and perhaps we can arrange another time to practice.
    Before Hanging out , you will need
  •  Add Jeff to your ‘circles’. Go to gplus.to/jefflebow and click ‘add to circles’

Any questions or confusions, please contact me via email, Kakao, or Google Messenger. 

Good luck with all of your final exams,
Jeff

-----------------Earlier Info------------------